Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), is a Dept. of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) initiative and a not for profit organization based in Bangalore. We act as an enabler of Bioscience Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship by providing Research, Development, Training and Services in State Of The Art Technology Platforms. As a part C-CAMP's mandate of promoting entrepreneurship and innovation, C-CAMP has created and fostered an entrepreneur-friendly culture in and around academic/research environment through its involvement in seed funding schemes for Startups, Entrepreneur Mentorship program and Bio-incubation facility.
Please watch this space for openings.
C-Camp, a member of the Bangalore Life Science cluster consisting of C-Camp, NCBS and InStem has the following position open:
Role: Field Station manager
Location: NCBS Field Station, Pachmarhi, Hoshangabad district, M.P
- Manage all daily aspects of field station operations which include: planning/oversight of facilities and research activities in the field, and lab; resource management (budgets, labour, equipment, supplies, revenues) and management of the personnel on the field station.
- Responsible for facility and equipment maintenance and repair
- Supervision, training and scheduling of staff
- Facilitate field research in the Central Indian landscape on contemporary and frontier areas of ecology, evolution, and conservation genetics
- Development of new field sites in Central India and institutional collaborations.
- Encourage use of the Field-station among the wildlife and conservation community.
- A master’s degree in ecology, wildlife sciences or conservation with experience in carrying out field research.
- Field-station management experience or equivalent responsibility.
- General understanding of facilities, field, and lab equipment utilization and maintenance
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skill
- Boundless enthusiasm for diverse sciences
About NCBS-TIFR Pachmarhi field station
The National Center for Biological Sciences, Pachmarhi Field Station is located on the Satpura plateau in Central India in the army town of Pachmarhi, Hoshangabad district, Madhya Pradesh. It is the highest point of Central India surrounded by a mind-boggling diversity of life, geology and history. Located in the middle of Satpura Tiger Reserve, Pachmarhi has a long history of biodiversity science.
The Field Station aims to be a facility with a constant footfall of students, researchers, government personnel and the general public including school children. Since NCBS formally took over the field station from 2016, and extensive renovation, maintenance, upkeep was undertaken. We resumed operations at the field station officially on 07-Aug-2017 and things began rolling in earnest from 10-Sep-2017. Since then, we have been active in the region working directly with the forest department, labs within NCBS, collaborations with both governmental and non-governmental organizations in the region as well as universities both in India and abroad. Find below the details of some of the projects being undertaken by NCBS Pachmarhi Field Station.
For more information: https://www.ncbs.res.in/research-facilities/museum-fieldstations-Pachmarhi
Please mail your CV and a one page write-up on why you would be right for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for applications: 5th July 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in mid-July. .No other correspondence on this will be entertained.