Applications are open for the position of Technical Assistant, Mass Spectrometry facility at C-CAMP, Bangalore.
The Mass spectrometry facility provides infrastructure for the identification and quantification of proteins, and their post-transcriptional modifications (PTMs). This includes expertise in PTM enrichment strategies, peptide separations, state-of-the-art mass spectrometry (MS) for discovery-driven experiments, and targeted workflows for sensitive, quantitative monitoring of proteins. The facility develops and adapts sample preparation techniques, MS approaches and software to provide cutting-edge solutions for individual research projects.
- To handle liquid chromatography- Mass Spectrometer (LC-MS).
- LC-MS method development for small molecule identification by LC-MS and LC-MS/MS
- Troubleshooting of Analytical Instruments like LCMS, HPLC, GC,GCMS, GCHS and other analytical supporting instruments etc
- Strong technical background and knowledge of Quality Control.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Support to manage the day-to-day activities of MS facility.
- To conduct thorough hands-on training for the students and researchers
- Documented theoretical knowledge and hand-on experience in small organic molecules using LC-MS analysis for identification and quantitation of biological alterations.
- Vital supporter of expanding Mass spectrometry facility capabilities across the basic biology and clinical research.
- To maintain the lab updates such as: procurements, lab cleaning and safety, management of scheduler, log books for the instruments.
Education / Experience:
M. Sc in chemistry; Biochemistry/ B.Tech
Minimum 1 to 2 years of hands on experience in handling liquid chromatography or Mass spectrometry Instrument.
To apply, send your detailed CV to "hr at ccamp dot res dot in" on or before March 15, 2018.