The Novel Technology:
The technology relates to the production of more active and stable recombinant B-domain deleted (BDD) Factor VIII protein. Specifically, double mutant BDD Factor VIII with combined mutations of Phe309Ser and Asp519Val has been generated.
- To use in the field of haemophilia therapeutics
- To improve efficacy of recombinant Factor VIII molecule
- To get good specific activity for present needs comparable to existing products
- No foreign sequences included and hence lower risk
- Double mutant recombinant Factor VIII results in higher secretion, enhanced activity and stability compared to the wild type BDD Factor VIII
- Fewer steps and more efficient steps ensuring good recovery of intact Factor VIII without pre-activation
This invention is in early stage of development. Looking for potential licensee(s) interested in taking the technology to next step of development. There is a high possibility of approaching funding agencies for any financial need for furthering the development.
Principal Investigator(s): Prof. M. A. Vijiyalakhsmi, CBST
Invention ID: CMP-026
IP status: Patent Pending
Jurisdictions: India (IN), PCT filed
For more details, please write to:
techtransfer @ ccamp.res.in