The Novel Technology:
Novel technology describes vector and enzyme free cloning strategy that results in customization of plasmids (>6000combinations) harbouring desired gene of interest (GOI). DNA fragments containing antibiotic resistant markers, promoters, origins of replication, fusion tags etc and desired GOI can be transformed directly into expression host systems without using any vectors and enzymes (No -T4ligase, T4 DNA polymerase and restriction digestion enzymes). Upon expression of colonies, the highest expressing clone can be identified and minipreped.
- To get custom plasmids
- To deliver traits to a host cell without any involvement of vector or enzyme
- To express proteins in-vivo
- To shuttle the generated plasmids to other host systems (yeast, mammalian cells, cell free systems, insect cells)
- No template contamination or negative colonies. 100% positive clones.
- More vectors can be generated
- Protein expression can be easily optimised
- Time efficient - cloning to expression can be done in shorter time frame as compared to conventional strategies
Proof-of-concept has been demonstrated. Currently, seeking potential partners to further refine the technology and commercialize.
Principal Investigator(s): Dr. Muniasamy Neerathilingam, C-CAMP
Invention ID: CMP-035
IP Status: Patent Pending
Jurisdictions: PCT filed
For more details, please write to:
techtransfer @ ccamp.res.in