C-CAMP has partnered with BIRAC to implement the Launching Entrepreneurs for Affordable Products (LEAP) Fund, with the aim of enabling promising and innovative startups in the biotechnology and lifesciences sectors to pilot/commercialize their products/technologies. The scheme is positioned to act as a catalyst in bringing technologies/products forward piloting/commercialization and reducing their gestation period to commercialization.
- The LEAP fund will provide funding support of up to 1 cr INR per startup based on Equity or Equity-linked instruments.
- Indian Start-ups (registered under Companies Act, 2013), having at least 51% shareholders as Indian Citizens [does not include OCI or PIO] as the mandatory requirement.
- A company shall be considered as start-up if
- It is working towards innovation development, deployment or commercialization of new products, processes or services driven by technology or intellectual property
- Its turnover for any of the financial years has not exceeded Rs 25 cr, and
- It is up to 10 years from the date of its incorporation/registration
- The start-up should be working towards innovative technology/technologies and should be product oriented (not services oriented)
- The technology should be novel & there should be potential for generation of IP
- The technology should fulfill an unmet need and have an impact
- The start-ups should have a competent team in both technical & business aspects
- The technology should have a sound commercialization strategy and road map to the market
- The start-ups should have a clear understanding of the end-user/customer and market size
- The start-up should have a sound business plan and company vision
- The start-up must be willing to share equity
Apply at: http://bit.ly/2TV7dUe
For any further information please contact funding at ccamp dot res dot in
Centre for Cellular And Molecular Platforms
NCBS-TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road
Bangalore 560065, India