The Novel Technology:
This invention describes a method to obtain a novel herbal mouthwash made from various plant parts–Emblica officinalis, Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Glycyrrhiza glabra and Azadiracta indica. Also, it presents the mouthwash composition that helps in delaying the onset of oral mucositis in cancer patients undergoing radiotherapy.
- To delay the development of oral mucositis in the initial phase of radiotherapy
- To minimize symptoms and signs of mucositis
- To controls existing oral mucositis in patient undergoing radiotherapy
- To get better oral hygiene
- Very cost-efficient compared to costs of other available agents
- Acts as good analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and mucolytic agent
- Reduces the costs associated with pain management, antibiotic use, liquid diet supplements, gastrostomy tube placement and hospitalization
Mid-stage technology with clinical trials demonstrating efficacy of mouthwash reducing radiation induced mucositis for patients undergoing Radiotherapy for Head & Neck cancer.
Principal Investigator(s): Divya Ravindran, Ravikumar Regnish Kumar, Dr. Kunnambath Ramadas, RCC and Dr. Madhavan Radhakrishna Pillai, RGCB
Invention ID: CMP-011
IP Status: Patent Pending
Jurisdictions: India (IN), United States (US)
For more details, please write to:
techtransfer @ ccamp.res.in