Social Innovation Immersion Program (SIIP)
C-CAMP has partnered with BIRAC to establish 2 thematic SPARSH (Social Innovation program for Products: Affordable & Relevant to Societal Health) centers in “Aging and Health” and “Maternal and Child Health” and to implement the Social Innovation Immersion Program, which is a fellowship scheme under SPARSH targeting challenges associated with "Ageing and Health" and “Maternal and Child Health”.
The basic idea of the SIIP Scheme is to create a pool of biotech "Social innovators" who will identify the needs and invest in ideas and innovations that improve the average life expectancy and quality of life of the elderly. The social innovators will be provided financial and technical support for developing a market based solutions.
Grant- in -aid:
- Fellowship up to INR 50,000/Month
- Kick-start Grant of INR 5 lakhs
- Indian Undergraduates (BE, BTech, MBBS) or Postgraduates (MSc, Mtech, MS, MPhil, MD) in Life sciences, Biotechnology, Medicine or Engineering
- Pre- Immersion orientation and Induction.
- Immersion Program in hospitals, old age homes & other health centres
- Post Immersion Filtration of pressing needs identified during immersion
- Incubation at C-CAMP for Product Design Prototyping and delivery mechanism
Apply at : https://www.birac.nic.in/desc_new.php?id=395
For any further information please contact siip at ccamp dot res dot in
Centre for Cellular And Molecular Platforms
NCBS-TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road
Bangalore 560065, India