C-CAMP as a NIDHI TBI is calling promising COVID-19 startups to apply for NIDHI4COVID 2.0. It is a specially devised funding initiative carved out by NSTEDB, DST to support development and deployment of new technologies and innovative products/services which would enable our country to fight the on-going war against COVID-19 pandemic more strongly.
Current call for Nidhi4Covid 2.0 is open till 31st May, 2021.
For more info see - https://dstnidhi4covid.in
To apply see - https://apply.dstnidhi4covid.in/
C-CAMP has been selected for the National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI) - Seed Support Scheme (SSS) which is an umbrella programme conceived and developed by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, for nurturing ideas and innovations (knowledge-based and technology-driven) into successful startups.
• To support the “Space, Services and Knowledge” requirements of startups along with the financial support for startups with promising ideas, innovations and technologies in its initial phase.
• To enable some of these incubatee startups to graduate to a next level to raise investments from angel/Venture capitalist or to seek loans from commercial banks/financial institutions.
• Thus, positioned to act as a bridge between development and commercialization of innovative technologies/products/services in a relatively hassle-free manner.
1. To ensure timely availability of the seed support to the deserving incubatee startups, thereby enabling them to take their venture to next level and facilitate towards their success in the market place.
2. To enable the incubator to widen their pipeline of startups and also share the success of their startups in ensuring their long-term operational sustainability.
• Incubatee should be a registered company in India.
• Incubatee has to be an Indian start-up. This support is not meant for Indian Subsidiaries of MNCs/foreign companies. Persons holding Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) would be considered as Indian citizens for the purpose of this scheme.
• The shareholding by Indian promoters in the incubate start up should be at least 51%.
• Selected start-up should be/become a resident incubatee of C-CAMP and should have completed three months of incubation at C-CAMP at the time of seed fund investment.
Broad Areas and Items to be covered:
• Performing proof-of concept stage studies
• Product development & Prototype generation
• Generating additional data or performing validation studies needed to secure next-level funding
• Market research
• Hiring of manpower and Professional consultancy
• IPR issues
• Day-to-day operational Costs
• In selected cases, where funds can help with gap funding/next-level funding.
• Any other area as deemed necessary and recommended by the Seed Support Management Committee of the incubator.
Quantum of funding:
Investment support to the tune of Rs. 25 lakhs based on Equity or Equity-linked instruments. However, in few exceptionally deserving startups, the upper limit of seed support to a start-up may be raised to Rs. 100 lakhs.
Deadline for applications: June 30th, 2021
For any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms,
NCBS-TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road,
Bangalore 560065, India.