C-CAMP AMR Quest 2023
Objective of the AMR Quest:
Identifying and rewarding innovative ideas and solutions in the AMR domain with a focus on ESKAPE pathogens and presenting opportunities for the development and commercialization of these.
Scope of Application:
The Antimicrobial Resistance Quest 2023 is inviting applications in the AMR domain spanning:
⦁ Non-traditional therapeutics including the indirect-acting small molecules (virulence, potentiators, BLI combinations, etc), Direct- and indirect-acting large molecules (peptides, etc.), phage, microbiome, nucleic acid, anti-sense, Drug conjugates (ADC, other dual-acting drug conjugates)
⦁ Preventatives including vaccines, preventative antibodies and fragments, and microbiome products.
⦁ Diagnostics including devices that can diagnose ID/AST of pathogens
⦁ Direct-acting small molecule therapeutics including new classes of drugs or new targets only
All applications need to be related to the development of products, not basic research.*
Categories of applicants:
⦁ Student track: expected application TRL level* is between 1-3
⦁ Early-stage Innovations: expected application TRL level is between 4-7
⦁ Late-stage Innovations: expected application TRL level is between 7-9
For all three categories:
I. Acceptance into the 3-month C-CAMP AMR Accelerator Program 2023. In this, an opportunity will be provided to develop the solution further with mentorship in the domains of science, business, regulatory, patent law, fundraising, etc.
II. Acceptance into one week of C-CAMP AMR Innovators School 2023.
III. Participation in any one of the following International Conferences/Programs, with all costs covered:
- The 8th AMR Conference Novel Antimicrobials & AMR Diagnostics cocci and Staphylococcal Infections. Congress Center Basel, Switzerland on 6-7 March 2024.
- The 34th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases (ECCMID) 2024, Barcelona, Catalonia, ES on 27 - 30 April 2024.
For all other categories except students:
IV. Mentorship for seeking funding opportunity through CARB-X funding round.
V. Spotlight in C-CAMP’s social media platforms.
VI. Opportunity to attend appropriate C-CAMP workshops & events.
- Round 1, Round 2 and Grand Finale: A review panel comprising experts from academia and industry from different domains (therapeutics, diagnostics, preventives, regulatory, IP, and business) will review the applications. The applications will be evaluated for problem-solution fit, novelty, scientific strength, market opportunity and societal impact and commercialization strategy.
- Idea & In the process of establishing Proof of Concept (PoC): The applications will be evaluated for problem-solution-fit, novelty and scientific strength.
- Proof of Concept (PoC) established & in the process of pre-clinical study: The applications will be evaluated for problem-solution fit, novelty, scientific strength, market opportunity and societal impact (including ability to address medical needs in AMR (ESKAPE pathogens from WHO priority list) and commercialization strategy.
- Round 1 (Online Applications and First level Screening): The C-CAMP campaign will reach out to aspiring innovators, start-ups, and students across India. A ‘Call for Applications’ will be announced through various media. Applicants will have to apply online in the prescribed format. A panel of experts from industry and academia communities will review the proposals and shortlist the top 100 applications.
- Round 2 (Hybrid mode or physical presentation Round and Shortlisting for Finale): The shortlisted applicants will be invited to make a presentation to a jury. These presentations will be held through hybrid mode or physical presentation. The jury will select the top 25 applicants in this round.
- Round 3 (Finale): The selected applicants will present at C-CAMP, Bengaluru before a Grand Jury, which will select the winners of the AMR Quest 2023.
⦁ Complete the application (Application Link) and submit your application.
⦁ You can submit more than one application if you wish to submit more than one idea/solution. However, make sure that one application has ONE idea/solution ONLY. Fill separate application forms for different idea/solutions.
⦁ Applications that are incomplete; with incoherent content; or with problem/solutions that fall outside the scope of the AMR Quest will be screened out and will not be evaluated.
⦁ Sharing of supporting material is highly encouraged, although it is not mandatory.
⦁ By submitting the form you declare that the idea/ work submitted by you is your original work and has not been drawn from any other source or person.
⦁ Plagiarism, of any degree and form, will not be entertained and will lead to immediate disqualification at any stage of the Quest.
⦁ Applications open: 22nd May 2023
⦁ Applications close: 15th June 2023
⦁ External Review Round: End of June 2023
⦁ Round 2 Presentations: First week of July 2023
⦁ Pitching to Grand Jury: Mid July 2023
⦁ Grand Finale - Winners Announcement and Rewards: Mid July 2023
For more details write to us amr[at]ccamp.res.in
* https://www.birac.nic.in/desc_new.php?id=443 (Technology Readiness Levels By BIRAC for reference)